Monday, February 18, 2013

I am using Angelas post about Raby as the center of my post for the extended comments portion of our asignment. I figured I would extend off of her post because i had a hard time with this peice. Angela broke down in her post about what discourse and adolesence meant, which i found to be helpful. Discourse being "verbal experssion or writing". She then had a picture of the word discourse being broken down to show that discourse constantly changes depending on the person. She also goes on to talk about her teenage years in a brief paragraph and how difficult it was to feel like she was always being poked at to change or conform. A feeling im sure many people have felt then and now. Angela then broke down further Rabys stages of being a teen. With each stage she comments on what the stages mean. I wish Angela had elaborated on how she felt at each stage or if she even felt she was in any of those stages at any point. Her last comment about wanting to hear about peoples teenage years i thought was cool. I think it would be fun to have a class where everyonet talks about what they have gone through and why they are here now. I know this can be personal but sharing ones story of self helps to engage others. Angelas block was easy to read and a fun read. Her break down of Raby helped me better understand what was going on in that article.



1 comment:

  1. I wish we could,d all take at least 40. Inured of classroom discuss our teenagers years and compared them to teenagers now. I really enjoyed your picture about the difference type of words.

    ReplyDelete