Monday, February 25, 2013

So all I could think of when watching this is how our class is currently using a social network to connect and comment haha. Also i was on skype and looking at fb while watching it, totally feeding into the "not paying attention sterotype. This is something I think we can all connect to on our social networks have completely changed our life. I think its safe to say that most people especially teens have some form of social network. When the video of free hugs was shown it made me think of kony and how quickly that spread. I love going on twitter and updating my tweets and going on facebook to creep or post events. This class has and others like it help students learn by having them go on the computer, an object many people are familiar with. Its engaging and better then sitting in a lecture hall being talked at instead of talked to. I think Wesch wants adults and educators to learn how to reach out to kids to get them to enjoy learning and even just learn something.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you connected the reading to KONY and how it did spread so quickly. I agree with you on how it is better to interact with computers involved. Being talked to is no fun.
    -good blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree that more time needs to be spent on teaching students how to ask the right questions like Wesch says, because this will give them the power to question everything even if its coming from an authority figure.
    i also agree that social networks and technology all together has changed the way we learn and the way we see things things.
    teachers/professors in my opinion should embrace technology and use it to their advantage instead of trying to shield students from it, because that is when they run into the student not paying attention and doing other things during class, then the student leaves that class not knowing anything that was taught. this in my opinion is a waste of time for both student and teacher.

    ReplyDelete